Eventually, we have to face an inevitable fact: everything breaks down. This is just a natural part of life. The only thing that we can do is to be prepared for when it does happen. This is true for the heating system in your home. Here at Ultimate Air, we’ve responded to countless calls for heating repair services in Sarasota. We often get asked about common heat system repairs that we do. We thought it would be a good idea to put together a quick list of some of the most common repairs that we do for heating systems around Sarasota.
Dirty Air Filter
This one might be surprising to some people, but many heating system repair calls are the result of neglecting the air filter. For homes with furnaces or heat pumps, maintaining your equipment is absolutely critical. Dirty air filters can cause a host of problems including, low heat, low air flow and overheating.
Low Air Flow
This is another heating repair service that we see often in Sarasota. Here are some of the causes for it.
- Air filter – As we mentioned above, a dirty air filter can cause a lot of problems. In this case, it restricts the flow of air through your furnace and into your home.
- Fan – If your fan is not working properly, it isn’t going to distribute the hot air throughout your home. The rest of your furnace could be working effectively, but a malfunctioning blower will prevent the system from keeping your home comfortable.
- Undersized – If you have a furnace or heat pump that doesn’t keep your home warm, the contractor who installed it might have undersized the system. A heating system that is too small for your home will be unable to heat it properly during the coldest days of the year.
- Loss of Power – If your furnace or heat pump isn’t producing any heat, it could be that the system isn’t getting any electricity. Heat pumps are usually powered by electricity and many furnaces have electric components that are essential for it to heat your home.
- Thermostat – If your thermostat is broken or badly calibrated, it could be reading the wrong temperature of your rooms and preventing them from being heated properly.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, or other problems in your home in Sarasota, call the heating repair experts at Ultimate Air. We have years of experience offering comprehensive heating installation, repair and maintenance services in the Sarasota area.